All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionBest-selling New York Times writer Ira Berkow presents a unique look at America's premier sport-and its fans-through interviews with a remarkable cross section of widely kwn and extraordinarily accomplished individuals in a variety of fields, who explain what the lure of basketball is for them. Berkow talked with Chris Rock, Woody Allen, Tom Brokaw, Saul Bellow, Johnnie Cochran Jr., Walter Matthau, Nikki Giovanni, Donald Trump, Julia Child, Frank Stella, Erica Jong, Grover Washington Jr., Seiji Ozawa, and Sharon Stone, among others, to uncover fresh, funny, controversial, and often surprising opinions about the teams and players who make the game intriguing.
- Author BiographyIra Berkow is a sports columnist and feature writer for the New York Times and has won a Pulitzer Prize for his reporting. He has written numerous books, including The Minority Quarterback, and Other Lives in Sports and most recently a memoir, To the Hoop: The Seasons of a Basketball Life.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight409 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byIra Berkow
- Foreword byIra Berkow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.