Couture Chocolate: A Masterclass in Chocolate by William Curley (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.46+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.42Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.21
- AU $24.78Trending at AU $29.81
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.54
- AU $24.51Trending at AU $26.79
About this product
- DescriptionCouture Chocolate examines the origins of one of the world's most popular foods--explaining the method of creating chocolate, how its quality depends to a large extent on the variety of beans used, and the differences between plain, milk and white chocolates. It reveals how some of today's most popular flavors - such as vanilla and chilli - were those favored by the pioneering Aztec chocolatiers centuries ago. William shares his techniques and most mouth-watering recipes, starting with the basics: tempering and making a bar of chocolate; advice on how to add exotic flavors like rosemary or raspberry; and introducing different textures. Once those skills have been mastered, it's time to tackle some of the authors incredible creations.
- Author BiographyBrought up in Fife, William Curley's career began with an apprenticeship at Gleneagles, followed by 6 years at numerous Michelin-starred establishments, working with respected chefs including Pierre Koffman at La Tante Claire, Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons and Marco Pierre White at The Restaurant. He then became Chef Patissier at The Savoy Hotel under Anton Edelman, as Chief Patissier leading a team of 21 pastry chefs.In 2004, he opened his first boutique in Richmond, followed by the opening of his equally successful Belgravia Boutique. After an increasing demand for his chocolate and patisserie creations, William Curley chocolate and patisserie concessions were opened in world-renowned department store Harrods in July 2011. They also create bespoke patisserie to accompany Afternoon Teas at some of London's top establishments.William has been awarded Britain's Best Chocolatier by the Academy of Chocolate four times (2007a 2011) and has won numerous other awards. Most recently William became a member of the prestigious Relais Desserts, an association of the top pastry chefs across the world who come together to promote haute patisserie. Couture Chocolate, William's first book, won the Guild of Food Writers Cookery Book of the Year award in 2012.Jose Lasheras started his photographic career in Madrid, later moving to Milan where he worked for ten years as a freelance photographer for various publications at Conde Nast, Italy. In 1996 he brought his stunning photography skills to London and he now works regularly as both photographer and painter for a wide variety of clients, ranging from Burberry to Wedgewood.
- Author(s)William Curley
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width211 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographer(s)Jose Lasheras
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.