Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe magic of the old Covent Garden Market is evoked through Peter Ackroyd's introduction and Clive Boursnell's marvellous photographs, taken over the course of numerous and extended visits to Covent Garden in the 1960s and 1970s. The book includes a preface by Clive Boursnell and the words of some of the market people whom the photographer interviewed at the time. There will be an exhibition of Clive Boursnell's photographs of Covent Garden to coincide with publication.
- Author BiographyClive Boursnell is a renowned photographer of architecture, gardens, landscapes and, above all, people. He turned to photography as the culmination of a career which included classical ballet and working as a woodsman, a farmhand, a miner and prospector and a mountaineer. He lives in London. London has been the main character in the work of Peter Ackroyd ever since his first novel, The Great Fire of London. His Hawksmoor won the Whitbread and the Guardian Fiction Prize, Chatterton was shortlisted for the Booker, London: the Biography won the South Bank Show Annual Award for Literature. Reviewers commonly categorize him as the Dickens of our day.
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication12/06/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note150 colour photographs
- Weight1380 g
- Width250 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographer(s)Clive Boursnell
- Introduction byPeter Ackroyd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.