All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe first journalism textbook for reporters who cover finance and ecomics in developing and transitional countries, Covering Globalization is an essential guide to the pressing topics of our times. Written by ecomists from the Asian Development Bank and the International Monetary Fund as well as journalists who have worked for Dow Jones, the Financial Times, the New York Times, Fortune, and Reuters-and with an introduction by Nobel Laureate Joseph E. Stiglitz-this invaluable resource helps reporters write about subjects such as banking and banking crises, pension reform, privatization, trade agreements, central banks, the World Bank, sovereign debt restructuring, commodity markets, corporate governance, poverty-eradication programs, and the resource curse. Each chapter explains the basic ecomic principles and current thinking on a given topic and provides * tips on what to look for when covering specific subjects; * a way to structure business and ecomics stories; * a way to use the Internet for reporting with links to more information online; * extensive glossaries and much more.
- Author BiographyAnya Schiffrin is codirector of the media program at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs. She was the editor in chief of the Istanbul-based daily the Turkish Times, a stringer for Reuters in Barcelona, senior financial writer at the Industry Standard in New York and bureau chief for Dow Jones Newswires in Amsterdam and Hanoi. Amer Bisat is a hedge fund manager focusing on emerging-markets bonds and was previously a portfolio manager at UBS and Morgan Stanley and chief emerging-markets economist at Salomon Brothers in Europe. He has also been a senior economist at the IMF, where he worked on the economics of Russia, Egypt, and Cameroon, and he has published widely on growth, the financial sector, and Middle East economics.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2004
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight817 g
- Width187 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byAmer Bisat,Anya Schiffrin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.