All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrate presents the first cultural ecological study of a Siberian people: the Viliui Sakha, describing the local and global forces of modernization that continue to challenge their survival, and will be of interest to environmental and ecomic anthropologists, as well as to practitioners interested in sustainable rural development, globalization, indigeus rights in Eurasia, and post-Soviet Russia.
- Author BiographySusan A. Crate is a writer and scholar who conducts research in cultural and political ecology, enviornmental policy, sustainable community development, and global climate change in Siberia, Russia, and the circumpolar North. She is assistant professor of human ecology at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Author(s)Susan Alexandra Crate
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobalization and the Environment
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight608 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.