All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Britain's first organic in modern times to run entirely without animal slaughter or the use of fossil fuels. The true story of a unique experiment to transplant Hindu values of cow protection and working oxen to the modern Western world. It all began when George Harrison donated an historic Hertfordshire mar house and 20 acres of farmland to a young community of Krishna people fresh from the city, and two cows. Thirty-six years later the experiment has grown into an organic carbon-free working farm in a superb set of low-tech English oak farm buildings housing fifty cows and oxen. The organic farm embodies the principles of sustainable and ethical living necessary for future peace and prosperity.
- Author BiographyRanchor Prime worked as an environmental project manager in Britain and India, and has published ten books on Hindu spirituality and ecology. His books include Hinduism and Ecology, 1992, and Ramayan, A Journey, 1997. He lives in London where he is a regular broadcaster and public speaker.
- Author(s)Ranchor Prime
- PublisherFitzrovia Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFitzrovia Press
- Content Note32 colour photographs, 10 tables, 12 line drawings
- Width135 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.