Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionPublished as a programme text for the world premiere at the Finborough Theatre in October 2008, Cradle Me is a tender, powerful play about the aftermath of a family tragedy. Following an unspeakable yet avoidable tragedy, a family finds themselves torn apart by grief and turning for comfort to Daniel, the troubled teenage boy who lives next door. Having experienced their tragedy first hand, Daniel shares in their grief in a way that creates an individual bond with each member of the family. Louise is the prepubescent daughter whose burgeoning sexuality makes Daniel an obvious target for her affections. Graham is the grieving father who recognises Daniel as kwing his dead son in a way that he never could and w never will. However, it is Marion, the dead boy's mother, who expresses her grief through Daniel in a way that will ultimately lead both he and her family on a path that will irrevocably alter the course of their lives forever.
- Author BiographySimon Vinnicombe's first play at the Finborough Theatre, Year 10, was published by Methuen Drama and was praised by the critics. The author is a member of the Royal Court Young Writers Programme. He also adapted the fairy tales of Oscar Wilde as Wilde Tales which enjoyed a sell out run at the Southwark Playhouse.
- Author(s)Simon Vinnicombe
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.