All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the 'craft of use', the cultivated, ordinary and ingenious ideas and practices that promote satisfying and resourceful use of garments, presenting them as an alternative, dynamic, experiential frame with which to articulate and foster sustainability in the fashion sector. Here Kate Fletcher provides a broad imagining of sustainability in fashion that gives attention to tending and wearing garments, and favours their use as much as their creation. She offers a diversified view of fashion beyond the market and the market's purpose and reveals fashion provision and expression in a world t dependent on continuous consumption. Framing design and use as a single whole, the book uncovers a more contingent and time-dependent role for design in sustainability, recognising that garments, while sold as a product, are lived as a process. Drawing from stories and portrait photography that document the ways in which members of the public from across three continents use their clothes, and the work of seven international design teams seeking to amplify these use practices, Craft of Use presents a changed social narrative for fashion, borne out of ideas of satisfaction and interdependence, of action, kwledge and human agency, that glimpses fashion post-growth.
- Author BiographyFor nearly two decades Kate Fletcher's work has shaped the field of fashion and sustainability, and come to define it. She works with fashion businesses, education, non-profits and government. She is Professor of Sustainability, Design, Fashion at the University of the Arts, London, UK. This is her fourth book.
- Author(s)Kate Fletcher
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note174 colour illustrations, 174 colour illustrations
- Weight818 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.