All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the editors of the popular Making Mathematics with Needlework, this book presents projects that highlight the relationship between types of needlework and mathematics. Chapters start with accessible overviews presenting the interplay between mathematical concepts and craft expressions. Following sections explain the mathematics in more detail, and provide suggestions for classroom activities. Each chapter ends with specific crafting instructions. Types of needlework included are knitting, crochet, needlepoint, cross-stitch, quilting, temari balls, beading, tatting, and string art. Instructions are written as ordinary patterns, so the formatting and language will be familiar to crafters.
- Author Biographysarah-marie belcastro and Carolyn Yackel earned their Ph.D.s in mathematics from the University of Michigan. Carolyn Yackel is an Associate Professor in the mathematics department at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia, specializing in connections between mathematics and art. sarah-marie belcastro is a Research Associate at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width204 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarolyn Yackel,Sarah-Marie Belcastro
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.