All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 15 years, people in the United States - dissidents in particular - have witnessed a steady escalation of the National Security State, including invasive surveillance, indiscriminate police violence and unlawful arrests. Normally associated with the realities of a post-9/11 world, these developments were actually being set in motion during the Republican National Convention (RNC) protests in 2000, as Crashing the Party shows. It also documents how, in response, dissidents confronted new forms of political repression by pushing legal boundaries.
- Author BiographyKris Hermes is a Bay Area based activist who has worked for nearly 30 years on social justice issues and is an active, award-winning legal worker-member of the National Lawyers Guild. In May 2016, Kris was honored with the May Patriot Award from the Bill of Rights Defense Committee/Defending Dissent Foundation (BORDC/DDF). He lives in Oakland, California. Marina Sitrin is a writer, lawyer, teacher, and organizer. She is the editor of Horizontalism: Voices of Popular Power in Argentina, author of Everyday Revolutions: Horizontalism & Autonomy in Argentina, and a coauthor of They Can t Represent US! Reinventing Democracy from Greece to Occupy. She lives in New York City. Heidi Boghosian is the executive director of the National Lawyers Guild and is the cohost of the weekly civil liberties radio show Law and Disorder in New York and over 40 national affiliates. She is the former editor in chief of the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review and is the author of Spying on Democracy: Government Surveillance, Corporate Power, and Public Resistance. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Kris Hermes
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byMarina A. Sitrin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.