All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionEver since I have inhabited old age, I have looked and listened, mostly in vain, for news of what it is like for others who inhabit it too. Naturally, I'm interested in its well-kwn depredations, the physical and mental ones that people in their forties and fifties so publicly dread. And who would t delight in the theatrical props of old age - the pills and sticks, the shrieking hearing aids and the tricks for countering the loss of names and threads and glasses. But that's t all. I have a fond hope that in old age there may be new kinds of time and of pleasure, perhaps even new kinds of vitality, and that, though we forget and muddle and fail to hear things, there may be moments when we truly understand what's going on for the first time. But then I've always been a late developer.' Deeply thoughtful, wry and resilient, this fascinating and absorbing book about growing older is a life-enhancing look at what all of us - if we are lucky - can aspire to.
- Author BiographyJane Miller first worked in publishing, then as an English teacher in a London comprehensive and finally as a Professor at the London University Institute of Education. Her publications include Many Voices: Bilingualiam, Culture and Education; Women Writing About Men; Seductions: Studies in Reading and Culture; School for Women; Relations; Crazy Age and In My Own Time: Thoughts and Afterthoughts. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Jane Miller
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/05/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight206 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.