All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCommentator, analyst, author, and all-around pro basketball presence, Charley Rosen may seem like a natural, sprung upon the sports scene with the NBA in his blood. Phil Jackson, Rosen's long-time collaborator, might agree; after all, he attributes the statement on a plaque on his desk to Charley: Basketball isn't just a metaphor for life-it's more important than that! And yet how Rosen arrived at his present position comfortably overseeing basketball at its finest is a story as unexpected as it is delightful, documenting basketball travels as unlikely as they are madic and eclectic. Rosen's story begins during his undergraduate days at Hunter College, where his basketball exploits were equally triumphant and embarrassing, including a pickup game against Wilt Chamberlain. Things really got interesting when he made his way into the Continental Basketball Association (CBA), the breeding ground for thing less than the second-best gathering of basketball players in the world. In the circus that was the CBA, Rosen found his place alongside Phil Jackson, then the newly hired coach of the Albany Patroons. Life in the CBA, as Rosen tells it, was never dull, with players doing illegal substances on van rides through swstorms and teams financed by porn producers. His journey from the CBA to a desk at Fox Sports is a one-of-a-kind basketball story-only to be believed in the words of the guy who actually lived it.
- Author BiographyCharley Rosen is an NBA analyst for FOXSports.com and the author of more than a dozen books including The Pivotal Season, The Wizard of Odds, and Players and Pretenders (available in a Bison Books edition). Phil Jackson is head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and has won eleven NBA titles.
- Author(s)Charley Rosen
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Weight531 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byPhil Jackson
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.