Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.40Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionToday's policy-maker has a tough job to do. Policies that cant perform effectively under today's complex, dynamic and uncertain conditions run the risk of t achieving their intended purpose. Instead of helping, they may actually hinder the ability of individuals, communities and businesses to cope with and adapt to change. Creating Adaptive Policies: A Guide for Policy-making in an Uncertain World is the very first book to distill the principles of complex adaptive systems and adaptive management into practical guidance for policy-makers. It describes the concept of adaptive policy-making and presents seven tools for developing such policies. Based on hundreds of interviews with people impacted by policy and research of over a dozen policy case studies, this book serves as a pragmatic guide for policy-makers by elaborating these seven tools. It will be an invaluable information resource for technical policy-makers, politicians and their advisors, as well as for those studying politics and international relations.
- Author BiographyDarren Swanson is a Senior Project Manager with the Measurement and Assessment Program at the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) in Canada. He is a sustainable development policy specialist and professional engineer with 17 years of consulting and research experience. He works with governments at all levels and from around the world on strategic processes for organizational and societal-wide learning and adaptive management, including sustainable development strategies, indicator information systems, integrated assessment methods and adaptive policy-making approaches. He holds a Master of Public Administration degree in international development from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, a Master of Geo-environmental Engineering degree from the University of Saskatchewan, Canada and a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. Suruchi Bhadwal is an Area Convener of the Centre for Global Environment Research at The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in India. She has a Master of Environmental Sciences degree. Her work focuses on community level impacts, vulnerability and adaptation assessment. She was principal investigator of the World Bank-funded project in India on 'Addressing vulnerability to climate variability and change through assessment of adaptation issues and options'. She is a lead author contributing to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Working Group II.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication10/08/2009
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDarren Swanson,Suruchi Bhadwal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.