All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionWhile Latis and Latinas are the youngest and largest U.S. mirity group, they continue to be among the poorest and least educated. A major contribution of Creating Alternative Discourses in the Education of Latis and Latinas is that it provides scholars, teachers, and practitioners with counter-hegemonic theories, methods, and pedagogies that challenge the mainstream assumptions about the education of this group. Drawing on rich ethgraphic portrayals including life history interviews, focus groups, and participant observation, this interdisciplinary volume bridges diverse bodies of literature in an attempt to bring about changes in the education of Latis and Latinas.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Raul E. Ybarra is Associate Professor at the College of Public and Community Service at the University of Massachusetts-Boston. He earned his Ph.D. in English from the University of Illinois at Chicago. In addition to articles in the Journal of Basic Writing and the Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice, he is the author of Learning to Write as a Hostile Act (Peter Lang, 2004). Nancy Lopez is Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. She earned her Ph.D. in sociology from The City University of New York. In addition to articles in Race, Ethnicity and Education, Teachers College Record, Equity and Excellence, The Latino Studies Journal, and The City University of New York Dominican Studies Institute Monograph Series, she is the author of Hopeful Girls, Troubled Boys: Race and Gender Disparity in Urban Education (2003).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number253
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight350 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJoe L. Kincheloe,Nancy Lopez,Raul E. Ybarra,Shirley R. Steinberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.