All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionGame playing is a highly effective way of engaging children and has long been ackwledged as an important means of psychological therapy. This book offers an abundance of fun games that help children to confront personal problems and issues in a light-hearted yet meaningful way. These are games with a difference, as they must be constructed before they can be played. The creation aspect involves collaboration and cooperation within a team, and instils an empowering sense of ownership in the creators. By the time the game is ready to be played, children are confident, thoroughly engaged and ready to explore issues in a supportive environment. Each game has been tried and tested by the author, and is proven to really work. This book is an essential tool for therapists, counsellors, social workers, youth workers and teachers supporting children and young people.
- Author BiographyVicky Barber has worked for many years as a lecturer in the creative arts and arts therapies. She currently teaches an art therapy course at City University London, and runs individual art therapy sessions with children and young people who have behavioural problems, in addition to running a successful private practice. In her previous work as an art therapist, she ran groups in the community, in a day care centre, and within her college, working with a wide range of people, from carers and teachers to social workers, artists, and those with mental health problems and learning difficulties. This book was created through her work as an art therapist, and the games have been put to the test with a variety of clients with excellent results. Her website can be visited at www.vickyb.demon.co.uk.
- Author(s)Vicky Barber
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note40 black and white illustrations
- Weight244 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.