All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith so much cultural mixing in today's classrooms, teachers longer have a choice as to whether they want to interact with diversity or t. It is imperative that educators become culturally competent. By studying the cultural backgrounds of their students, teachers can learn to avoid some of the problems that surface each day in the public school classroom. Today's classrooms are extremely diverse and many educators are t prepared for the increasing need for culturally responsive teaching. Creating Culturally Responsive Schools: One Classroom at a Time strives to help teachers discover t only what it means to be a culturally responsive educator, but also how to strengthen a schools' staff in cultural awareness, respect, and value and how to use this kwledge to increase all student achievement. Each chapter is self-sufficient allowing the reader to utilize only those parts of the book needed. This is an invaluable educator resource addressing current classroom demographics.
- Author BiographyDr. Michele Wages is an Assistant Professor at Southeastern Oklahoma State University teaching Emergent and Developing Literacy and Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading at Elementary Level to elementary education majors. In her 26 year career she has served as an instructional specialist on title one campuses in the DFW area for 9 years, including a bilingual campus with an 86% Hispanic student enrollment and a free and reduced lunch demographic of 96%. She has also served as a classroom teacher, reading specialist, language arts facilitator and has provided staff development training for teachers in Texas.
- Author(s)Michele Wages
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width149 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.