Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionC reating ExtraOrdinary Teachers helps teachers identify and evaluate their unique profile of leadership skills and demonstrates the strategic use and development of those gifts both in and out of the classroom. Inspired by the stories of extraordinarily effective leaders around the world, it provides a framework for understanding how even ordinary teachers can identify, value and maximize the potential of their unique intellectual gifts. This book is focused on developing the leadership capabilities of educators, but the ideas and strategies apply equally well to corporate trainers, management developers and even parents, who are their children's first and most influential teachers.
- Author BiographyBranton Shearer is a developmental psychologist. He initially created The Multiple Intelligences Developmental Scales (MIDAS) in 1987 as a unique alternative to poorly designed, so-called MI tests. In his private practice he counselled adults, adolescents and their families to improve educational / vocational achievement and personal satisfaction. Branton Shearer conducts workshops for teachers and school administrators interested in implementing MI theory. He is an instructor at Kent State University, and presents the results of his research at both national and international conferences e.g Chile, Hong Kong, Ireland. The MIDAS assessment has been translated into Spanish, Chinese, Arabic and Korean and has been completed by over 25,000 people world-wide. It is being used in schools throughout the US and in Jakarta, Indonesia and beyond. Click here to listen to a WKSU interview on NPR with Dr. Shearer! Mike Fleetham is an educational trainer, author and consultant who specializes in the practical infusion of new teaching methods into real classrooms. He was a classroom teacher for 10 years and has been an assistant headteacher in a large inner-city primary school.
- Author(s)Branton Shearer,Mike Fleetham
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content Note10 b/w illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.