All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe art of living the good life requires skilful attunement to the lovely presences in everyday life.Lodged in a psychoanalytic sensibility, and drawing from ancient and modern religious and spiritual wisdom, this book provides the details, conceptual structures, and inner meanings of a number of easily accessible, everyday activities, including gardening, sport, drinking coffee, storytelling, and listening to music. It also suggests how to best engage these activities, to consecrate the ordinary in a way that points to experiential transcendence, or what the author calls glimpsing immortality , a core component of the art of living the good life .
- Author BiographyPaul Marcus, PhD, is a supervising and training analyst at the National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis. He is the author of 'Being for The Other: Emmanuel Levinas, Ethical Living and Psychoanalysis; Autonomy in the Extreme Situation: Bruno Bettelheim, the Nazi Concentration Camps, and the Mass Society' and 'Ancient Religious Wisdom, Spirituality and Psychoanalysis', among other books. Dr Marcus is married with two children and lives in Great Neck, New York.
- Author(s)Paul R. Marcus
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight236 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.