All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionBring real business insights to your company through effective and engaging dashboards in QlikView About This Book * Build outstanding dashboards that respond to your company's information needs * Present the data in efficient and invative ways to promote insights * Unleash the true power of QlikView by creating engaging visualizations Who This Book Is For This book is focused on QlikView developers with basic kwledge of scripting and layouts who want to improve their designing skills and build effective, eye-catching dashboards that deliver tangible value to their business. What You Will Learn * Build a comprehensive library of QlikView components to speed up your developments * Define a practical roadmap that will help you build business-driven dashboards * Explore the most effective and engaging ways to present data * Apply the best practices in the field of data visualization * Avoid common pitfalls when creating bar, line and pie charts * Create robust visualizations such as heat maps, histograms and scatter plots In Detail QlikView is one of the most powerful analytical tools in the market. Based on an in-memory associative model, it lets users freely navigate through the data, spot trends and make better decisions. This platform is capable of integrating a wide range of data sources like ERP systems, data warehouses or spreadsheets into a single application in order display dashboards with state-of-the-art visualizations. Creating Stunning Dashboards with QlikView is an easy to follow handbook that guides you through the process of creating an effective and engaging dashboard that delivers tangible value to the business. It starts with the identification of the business needs and the definition of the main KPIs, and takes you all the way to the application rollout. Throughout the book, you will learn how to apply some of the best practices in the field of data visualization, create a robust navigation schema, chose the best chart types for each scenario and many other things that will help you create effective dashboards that uncover all the stories behind the data. Style and approach This easy-to-follow compilation of best practices, tips, and tricks will help you leverage your QlikView developments. Each section presents practical guidelines to help you create dashboards that are t only functional, but also engaging and compelling.
- Author BiographyJulian Villafuerte is a founding member of Evolcon Evolution Consulting, a Mexican firm that provides QlikView consulting services throughout the Americas. Since 2010, he has helped several companies define effective strategies for data management and business analysis. As a consultant, Julian has worked in application development, project management, presales, and training for many industries, including retail, manufacturing, and insurance. He has a master's degree in information technology management and teaches at the Tecnologico de Monterrey in Mexico City. Recently, Julian started a blog called QlikFreak (https://qlikfreak.wordpress.com/), where he shares tips and tricks for data visualization, scripting, and best practices.
- Author(s)Julian Villafuerte
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.