All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionDon't settle for Flex's boring, standard user interface. Set your Flex applications apart with the breakthrough skinning and programming techniques found in Creating Visual Experiences with Flex 3.0. Leading Flex developers Juan Sanchez and Andy McIntosh show how to build stunning Flex and AIR applications. You'll learn how to take a design and translate that design into Flex or AIR without sacrificing fidelity, and how to apply state-of-the-art branding that adds value to all your Flex applications, matter what they do or who you're building them for. Sanchez and McIntosh illuminate every aspect of creating superior visual experiences with Flex 3.0 and AIR and discuss planning, design, architecture, and proven user-interface principles, with an emphasis on technical implementation. You'll learn how to alter the standard Flex interface using all the tools available to you: skins, styling, transitions, effects, filters, graphics built with Adobe creative tools, CSS, and ActionScript 3.0 programming. The authors reveal the trade-offs associated with each approach to Flex visual experience design and help you choose the right techniques for your applications. They explain each concept and technique in detail, using real-world examples and exercises that solve specific problems and provide samples throughout each chapter. If you want your Flex and AIR applications to be a cut above the rest, this is the book that shows you how.
- Author BiographyJuan Sanchez is an Experience Architect for EffectiveUI, a leading provider of Rich Internet Applications based in Denver, Colorado. He created and manages ScaleNine.com, a site that provides skinning resources and UI inspiration for Flex and AIR. His work at ScaleNine has earned him widespread recognition as a community expert and he has presented at the LA Flex User Group, 360|Flex, and WebManiacs. Sanchez also cofounded Degrafa, the open source declarative graphics framework for Flex. Andy McIntosh specializes in interaction design, custom component development, programmatic skinning, and migrating enterprise applications to Flex/AIR-based solutions at EffectiveUI. He has played a key role in successful projects for clients such as Adobe, Workday, Scion, and United Airlines; he serves as an advisor for the Degrafa project.
- Author(s)Andy McIntosh,Juan Sanchez
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/11/2008
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width178 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.