Creating Waldens: An East-West Conversation on the American Renaissance by Daisaku Ikeda, Carolina Distinguished Professor of American Literature Joel Myerson, Distinguished Professor of English and American Literature Ronald A Bosco (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the provocative discussions comprising this collection, scholars Ronald A. Bosco and Joel Myerson and Buddhist leader Daisaku Ikeda explore the multifaceted, enduring legacy of Emerson, Thoreau, and Whitman. In the process they challenge and inspire the reader to do as these great figures once did to look deep inside oneself to discover potential for growth, to encounter the natural world with reverence and delight, and to express themselves with poetry and imagination. With great appreciation for the timeless and universal relevance of the American Renaissance, Bosco, Myerson, and Ikeda encourage each person to lead lives of greatness and to do thing less than create Waldens of their own.
- Author Biography<b>Ronald A. Bosco</b> is a distinguished professor of English and American literature at the University of Albany, the general editor of <i>The Collected Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson</i>, the coeditor of <i>The Selected Lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson</i>, and the coauthor of <i>The Emerson Brothers: A Fraternal Biography in Letters</i>. He lives in Albany, New York. <b>Joel Myerson</b> is the Carolina Distinguished Professor of American Literature, emeritus, at the University of South Carolina, the textual editor for <i>The Collected Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson</i>, the coeditor of <i>The Selected Lectures of Ralph Waldo Emerson</i>, and the coauthor of <i>The Emerson Brothers: A Fraternal Biography in Letters</i>. He lives in Columbia, South Carolina. <b>Daisaku Ikeda</b> is the founder and president of the Soka Gakkai International, a lay Buddhist organization with 12 million members worldwide. He has written and lectured widely on Buddhism, humanism, and ethics, and has published dialogues with global figures such as Arnold Toynbee, Linus Pauling, and Mikhail Gorbachev.
- Author(s)Carolina Distinguished Professor of American Literature Joel Myerson,Daisaku Ikeda,Distinguished Professor of English and American Literature Ronald A Bosco
- PublisherDialogue Path Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDialogue Path Press
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.