All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates half of all deaths recorded for people sixty-five years of age or younger are the direct result of unhealthy lifestyle choices. The need to combat this epidemic of preventable mortality has encouraged an increased focus on wellness and well-being. Most wellness books, however, are actually nutrition or exercise guides. While important to overall health, diet and physical exercise are only aspects of a holistic wellness program. Other books use the term -wellness- to attract attention to specific diseases and emotional issues. Again, while these issues affect well-being, such books are too narrow in their scope. In Creating a Culture of Wellness, Dr. Victor Roma offers a multidimensional approach to well-being designed to encourage physical and mental health. He explains wellness in seven distinct dimensions: Emotional, Environmental, Intellectual, Occupational, Physical, Social, and Spiritual. Dr. Roma explains the importance of each element in an easily understood and accessible manner, helping readers develop lifestyle changes that promote a happy and healthy lifestyle. Creating a Culture of Wellness provides an easy-to-follow guide for individuals, students studying wellness, and organizations wishing to add a wellness program to their business model. Thanks to Dr. Roma, you can join the wellness movement today.
- Author BiographyDr. Victor Romano has more than ten years of experience managing and developing wellness programs for private businesses and nonprofit organizations. His work with his local health department won a national 'Faith and Community Health Excellence Award' from the US Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Romano holds a doctorate in education with a concentration in wellness. He also holds a master's degree in exercise science and health promotion, and a bachelor's degree in exercise and sports studies.
- Author(s)Dr Victor Romano
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.