All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBringing a fresh contemporary Freudian view to a number of current issues in psychoanalysis, this book is about a psychoanalytic method that has been evolved by Fred Busch over the past 40 years called Creating a Psychoanalytic Mind. It is based on the essential curative process basic to most psychoanalytic theories - the need for a shift in the patient's relationship with their own mind. Busch shows that with the development of a psychoanalytic mind the patient can acquire the capacity to shift the inevitability of action to the possibility of reflection. Creating a Psychoanalytic Mind is derived from an increasing clarification of how the mind works that has led to certain paradigm changes in the psychoanalytic method. While the methods of understanding the human condition have evolved since Freud, the means of bringing this understanding to patients in a way that is meaningful have t always followed. Throughout, Fred Busch illustrates that while the analyst's expertise is crucial to the process, the analyst's stance, rather than mainly being an expert in the content of the patient's mind, is primarily one of helping the patient to find his own mind. Creating a Psychoanalytic Mind will appeal to psychoanalysts and psychotherapists interested in learning a theory and technique where psychoanalytic meaning and meaningfulness are integrated. It will enable professionals to work differently and more successfully with their patients.
- Author BiographyFred Busch is a Training and Supervising Analyst at the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, a Geographical Supervising Analyst of the Minnesota Psychoanalytic Institute, and a Visiting Supervisor at the Vermont Psychoanalytic Institute.Dr. Busch has published over 70 articles in psychoanalytic literature, and three books, primarilty on the method and theory of treatment. His work has been translated into seven languages, and he has been invited to present over 160 papers and clinical workshops nationally and internationally.
- Author(s)Fred Busch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.