All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes how an ordinary high school set about incorporating accelerated learning into its teaching practices and policies. Headteacher Derek Wise provides a macro view of the process, discussing the changes made across the whole school. Head of Science, Mark Lovatt, provides a micro view, looking at ways to use accelerated learning in the classroom. Their experiences provide useful reading for any school wishing to improve the learning quality of its students. Several case studies are included to show how accelerated learning techniques can be applied to different subjects.
- Author BiographyDerek Wise is Headteacher of Cramlington Community High School in Northumberland, England. Derek has been a Deputy Headteacher in two inner city schools and has been the Director of an Education Action Zone. He is well respected locally and nationally for his energy and interest in learning innovation and for his championing of comprehensive education. Mark Lovatt is Head of Science and Learning Co-ordinator at Cramlington Community High School in Northumberland, England. He has spent considerable time and energy researching, adapting and applying the ideas of accelerated learning to his subject. Mark's energy and enthusiasm is evident from the plaudits his training events receive. This is their first published collaboration together.
- Author(s)Derek Wise,Mark Lovatt
- PublisherNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAccelerated Learning S.
- Place of PublicationStafford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight443 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barking Dog Art
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.