All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarthquakes, floods, tsunamis, and hurricanes have plagued the history of the earth. What is God's role in natural disasters and the human suffering they cause? This is one of the most vexing questions in Christian life and theology. Terence Fretheim offers fresh readings of familiar Old Testament passages--such as creation, the flood, and the suffering of Job--to give readers biblical resources for working through this topic. He shows the God of the Bible to be a compassionate, suffering, relational God, one we can turn to in prayer in times of disaster.
- Author BiographyTerence E. Fretheim (ThD, Princeton Theological Seminary) is Elva B. Lovell Professor of Old Testament at Luther Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he has taught for over fifty years. He is the author of more than twenty books, including commentaries on Genesis, Exodus, 1 and 2 Kings, and Jeremiah.
- Author(s)Terence E. Fretheim
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.