All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing creativity to the classroom is a concern for teachers, governments and future employers around the world, and there has been a drive to make experiences at school more exciting, relevant, challenging and dynamic for all young people, ensuring they leave education able to contribute to the global creative ecomy. Creative Approaches to Improving Participation examines ways in which young people have been given a creative voice in the classroom, and have actively participated in their own learning, transforming classrooms, curricula, assessment structures and teaching practices. Promoting reflection on current 'student-teacher-school' relationships, the contributions within this book illustrate how the active engagement of students can lead to greater motivation, self-reliance and risk-taking, skills essential for a successful post-school career. Through an exploration of students' current inclusion in school life, this book provides: a study of key issues and debates surrounding student participation ideas for increasing student participation and 'personalised learning' case studies from a range of creative learning projects with analysis of their achievements guidance on the creation of active pedagogies practical suggestions for reflective practice. A practical, accessible guide to creatively increasing students' participation, this book is valuable reading for all practising and trainee teachers, school managers and school leaders working with young people in education.
- Author BiographyHelen Manchester is Visiting Research Fellow in the Education and Social Research Institute at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCreative Teaching/Creative Schools
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 16 black & white halftones
- Weight227 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byHelen Manchester
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.