Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionCombination of functionality, simplicity and aesthetics in modern design is considered a fundamental design principle in the Bauhaus School in Germany, and, inspired by the School, the creative handcrafting exercises and the concepts introduced in this book are primarily coherent with this principle. The book draws a direction between two and three dimensional material-based design and modern digital creation process. The first part of the book introduces various creative handcrafting exercises on proportion, geometry and modularity, among other fundamental design principles. The creative exercises will sensitise students on aesthetical and structural issues, and thus serve as an essential building block for application of the design principles to computer-based creative processes, which are introduced in the second part of the book.
- Author BiographyTobias Gremmler , Visiting Associate Professor, School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong
- Author(s)Tobias Gremmler
- PublisherCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintCity University of Hong Kong Press
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.