Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe problem of evil and suffering is a black hole for many of us. It is difficult - even impossible - to pray to a God of love in the presence of so much pain. And the Church is t always helpful. Perhaps, Andrew Clitherow suggests in this prophetic book, it is time to lose the version of Christianity that Western consumerism has produced, and to find a new way. Using insights from evolutionary theory, socio-biology and theology, he offers an accessible Christian spirituality which, centred in creative love, becomes a way of life. 'The history of the world is the history of the progress of love at the expense of evil.' In this exhilarating account of love's progress, Creative Love in Tough Times calls us to rediscover the Christian faith and to own it for ourselves.
- Author BiographyTHE REVD CANON ANDREW CLITHEROW is Director of Training for the Diocese of Blackburn and a Canon Residentiary of Blackburn Cathedral. He is the author of Into Your Hands: Prayer and the call to holiness in everyday ministry and life and Renewing Faith in Ordained Ministry: New hope for tired clergy, both SPCK titles.
- Author(s)Andrew Clitherow
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.