All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a fundamental contribution to the literature on the creative industries and the kwledge-based ecomy by focusing on three aspects: urban spaces as key sites of capitalist restructuring, creative industries' policies as state techlogies aimed at ecomic exploitation, and the role of networks of aesthetic production in inflecting these tendencies. It simultaneously goes beyond these debates by integrating a concern with the cultural and aesthetic dimensions of the creative industries. As such, the book is relevant to researchers interested in the transdisciplinary project of a cultural political ecomy of creativity and urban change.
- Author BiographyBas van Heur (Dr.) is currently a postdoctoral researcher at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences of Maastricht University in the Netherlands. His research focuses on the creative/cultural industries, urban studies, and science and technology studies.
- Author(s)Bas van Heur
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/06/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note3 b/w illus
- Weight342 g
- Width135 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.