Creative Product Design: A Practical Guide to Requirements Capture Management by Margaret Bruce, Andrew Wooton, Rachel Cooper (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.58Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionAchieving commercial success through invation is highly desirable, but difficult to achieve in practice. 50% of product development costs are likely to result in a failed product and in some sectors, such as FMCGs, this figure is more like 75%. What is the problem? Typically, out of nine montha s product development cycle, only two weeks are devoted to the generation of ideas and creative design -- the front end . This is the missing link -- insufficient idea generation and creativity management, or the pre--development phase, can lead to the failure of the product. So, what can you do to avoid product failure? Requirements Capture is the front end . It is the processs by which the needs, preferences and requirements of individuals and groups significant to product development are researched and identified. Requirements cature defines: aeo Customer, user and market requirements aeo Design requirements aeo Technical requirements The requirements capture model constitutes three phases: aeo Information gathering aeo Information transformation aeo Requirements generation In this book, Margaret Bruce and Rachel Cooper present and explain requirements capture in a step--by--step, practical guide that will enable you to plan and implement the process successfully within your organisation. Whether you produce food products or technically complex products, this book will be an invaluable asset in assisting your product development process.
- Author BiographyDr. Margaret Bruce is Professor of Design Management and Marketing and Head of Department of Textiles, UMIST. She has written several books and papers on design and innovation and carried out international research programmes in these fields. She has developed courses and run executive programmes in Product Development Management and Design and edits the International Journal of Product Development, Innovation and Management. Dr. Rachel Cooper is Professor of Design Management and Associate Head of Research in the School of Art and Design at the University of Salford. She is Chair of the European Design Academy and edits the international journal, The Design Journal. She has published several books and papers in design management, new product development and conducted major research programes in this field.
- Author(s)Andrew Wooton,Margaret Bruce,Rachel Cooper
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2000
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight554 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.