All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from her bestselling first book 'Contemporary Quilts', award-winning contemporary quilt artist Sandra Meech explains how to harness your own creativity to add invation and depth to your quilt and embroidery work. In 'Creative Quilts', she shows you how to take inspiration from a wealth of sources, including art, textiles and architecture, and gives special emphasis to journals and sketchbooks. The book contains full instructions for a range of exciting techniques, including surface embellishment, mixed-media techniques, and taking quilt work into three dimensions, plus practical advice on exhibiting work. Special 'Creativity Plus' and 'Design Workshop' exercises help you to develop confidence in your own creativity. Illustrated with work from the world's leading quilt and textile artists, this book is both a practical workbook and a precious source of inspiration.
- Author BiographyAward-winning quilt artist Sandra Meech is a teacher and lecturer who works with textile groups in the UK and abroad. She is a member of Quilt Art and exhibits widely around the world. She is the author of Contemporary Quilts: Design, Surface and Stitch, Connecting Design to Stitch and Connecting Art to Stitch. She lives in Binfield, Berkshire.
- Author(s)Sandra Meech
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication04/06/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note180
- Weight558 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.