Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.38+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Duggan's 2007 book, Strategic Intuition, showed how invation really happens in business and other fields and how that matches what modern neuroscience tells us about how creative ideas form in the human mind. In his new book, Creative Strategy, Duggan offers a step-by-step guide to help individuals and organizations put that same method to work for their own invations. Duggan's book solves the most important problem of how invation actually happens. Other methods of creativity, strategy, and invation explain how to research and analyze a situation, but they don't guide toward the next step: developing a creative idea for what to do. Or they rely on the magic of brainstorming -just tossing out ideas. Instead, Duggan shows how creative strategy follows the natural three-step method of the human brain: breaking down a problem into parts and then searching for past examples to create a new combination to solve the problem. That's how invation really happens. Duggan explains how to follow these three steps to invate in business and any other field as an individual, a team, or a whole company. The crucial middle step-the search for past examples-takes readers beyond their own brain to a what-works scan of what others have done within and outside of the company, industry, and country. It is a global search for good ideas to combine as a new invation. Duggan illustrates creative strategy through real-world cases of invation that use the same method: from Netflix to Edison, from Google to Henry Ford. He also shows how to integrate creative strategy into other methods you might currently use, such as Porter's Five Forces or Design Thinking. Creative Strategy takes the mystery out of invation and puts it within your grasp.
- Author BiographyWilliam Duggan is senior lecturer at Columbia Business School, where he teaches creative strategy in graduate and executive courses. He has given talks and workshops on creative strategy to thousands of executives from companies in countries around the world. His most recent book, Strategic Intuition, was named Best Strategy Book of the Year by Strategy+Business.
- Author(s)William Duggan
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleColumbia Business School Publishing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note10 black & white line drawings
- Weight90 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.