Creative Thinking and Arts-Based Learning: Preschool Through Fourth Grade by Mary Renck Jalongo, Joan P. Isenberg (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $199.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.01Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400107. In Creative Thinking and Arts-Based Learning: Preschool Through Fourth Grade, 6/eJoan Packer Isenberg and Mary Renck Jalongo show future and current early childhood educators how to integrate children's creativity, play, and the arts into their curriculum in a way that fosters learning and growth and meets accountability measures, by emphasizing the use of techlogy to enhance creativity and the arts, with myriad suggestions to differentiate instruction and make adaptations for diverse learners across the art forms. Organized into four main parts, the text covers the foundations of creative thought; examines children's play, games, and inventions; addresses the subject areas that are traditionally associated with the creative arts; delves into the teacher's role-supporting creative expression and play, assessing creative processes and products, and working with diverse families and communities; and discusses effective design and use of environments, materials, and resources. Unique boxed pedagogical features make the text more practical, readable, and helpful to the early childhood educator. Written for prospective and practicing early childhood educators who are expected to teach in accordance with an increasing number of state, local, and national benchmarks, this proven and adaptable text will best prepare the early childhood educator for creative thinking in the classroom and beyond. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyJoan Packer Isenberg is Professor Emerita of Education at George Mason University where she served as associate dean in the College of Education and Human Development from 2003-2011, and as the founding director of the Advanced Studies in Teaching and Learning (ASTL) program from 1999-2003. She is past-president of the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators, was the recipient of the 2006 recipient of the Early Childhood Teacher Educator of the Year Award from NAECTE/Allyn & Bacon, and served as the first visiting scholar for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards from 2002-2003. For most of her academic career, she has studied and written about early childhood curriculum, play, and arts integration, particularly as they affect children's learning and development. She has taught children from preschool through grade four in both public and private settings. Among her numerous authored or co-authored publications are Creative Thinking and Arts-Based Learning, Sixth Edition (2014), Exploring Your Role in Early Childhood Education, Fourth Edition (2012), The Master's Degree in Education as Teacher Professional Development (Rowman & Littlefield, 2012), and Major Trends and Issues in Early Childhood Education, Second Edition (2003). Mary Renck Jalongo, Ph.D., is a professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania where she earned the university-wide outstanding professor award, and coordinates the Doctoral Program in Curriculum and Instruction. She is a series editor for Springer's Educating the Young Child book series, and has served as editor-in-chief of the Early Childhood Education Journal since 1995. She has written, co-authored, or edited more than 30 books, including Early Childhood Language Arts (6th ed.), Exploring Your Role in Early Childhood Education (4th ed.), and Major Trends and Issues in Early Childhood Education: Challenges, Controversies, and Insights (2nd ed). In addition, she has published two books with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (Learning to Listen, Listening to Learn; Young Children and Picture Books), two for ACEI, and has earned five national awards for excellence in professional writing. As a public school classroom teacher, she taught first grade and second grade in low-income areas. As a preschool teacher, she worked with English Language Learners in a federally funded program, and taught in a university-based, multi-age program for children ages two to five years
- Author(s)Joan P. Isenberg,Mary Renck Jalongo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight921 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.