All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionCreativity, by which something new, original, and valuable is formed, has positive contations. This volume features essays on creative processes in techlogical invention, engineering design, architecture, music composition, improvisation, sound recording, authenticity in music, and computer music. They deal with significant present-day as well as with historical issues of creativity. They explore what creative processes in different domains have in common, to what extent cognitive science can shed light on them and how they can be modelled. Contrary to some approaches in creativity studies, the authors, if ever possible, try to avoid speculation and come to empirically valid conclusions.
- Author BiographyHans-Joachim Braun is Professor Emeritus of Modern Social, Economic and Technological History at the Helmut Schmidt University Hamburg. He is the former President of the International Committee for the History of Technology. His interests are inventions and innovations, technology and music, sound studies, creative processes, and soccer tactics.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication31/08/2016
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleStudien zur Technik-, Wirtschafts- und Sozialgeschichte
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Note29
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHans-Joachim Braun
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.