All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince well before his epic 1974 walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, Philippe Petit had become an artist who answered first and foremost to the demands of his craft - t only on the high wire, but also as a magician, street juggler, visual artist, builder and writer. A born rebel, he is self taught, cultivating the attitudes, resources and techniques to tackle even seemingly impossible feats. His outlaw sensibility spawned a unique approach to the creative process, an approach he shares with the reader, revealing unconventional ways of creating art.
- Author BiographyPhilippe Petit has performed on the high wire more than eighty times around the world; he is also a magician, street juggler, visual artist, builder, lecturer, and writer. A frequent contributor to TED and other national venues, he is the author and illustrator of several books, including To Reach the Clouds, the basis of the 2009 Academy Award winning documentary Man on Wire. Petit lives in upstate New York.
- Author(s)Philippe Petit
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Street Press (an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.