All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic study of the creative process from the national bestselling author of Flowcreativity is about capturing those moments that make life worth living. Legendary psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi reveals what leads to these moments--be it the excitement of the artist at the easel or the scientist in the lab--so that this kwledge can be used to enrich people's lives. Drawing on nearly one hundred interviews with exceptional people, from biologists and physicists, to politicians and business leaders, to poets and artists, as well as his thirty years of research on the subject, Csikszentmihalyi uses his famous flow theory to explore the creative process. He discusses such ideas as why creative individuals are often seen as selfish and arrogant, and why the -tortured genius- is largely a myth. Most important, he explains why creativity needs to be cultivated and is necessary for the future of our country, if t the world.
- Author(s)Dr Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- PublisherHarper Perennial
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleP.S.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarper Perennial
- Weight345 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.