All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionWhy did jazz become a dominant popular music genre in the 1920s and rock 'n' roll in the 1950s? Why did heavy metal, punk rock and hiphop find their way from sub-cultures to the established music industry? What are the effects of new communication techlogies and the Internet on the creation of music in the early 21st century? These and other questions are answered by Peter Tschmuck through an integrated model of creativity and invation that is based on an international history of music industry since Thomas A. Edison invented the phograph in 1877. Thus, the history of the music industry is described in full detail. By discussing the historic process of music production, distribution and reception the author highlights several revolutions in the music industry that were caused by the inference of aesthetic, techlogical, legal, ecomic, social and political processes of change. On the basis of an integrated model of creativity and invation, an explanation is given on how the processes and structures of the present music industry will be altered by the ongoing digital revolution, which totally changed the value-added network of the production, dissemination and use of music. For the second edition, the author has reworked chapter 9 in order to include all the developments which shaped the music industry in the first decade of the 21st century - from Napster to cloud-based music services and even beyond.
- Author BiographyPeter Tschmuck is professor of Culture Institutions Studies at the Institute of Culture Management and Culture Studies (IKM) of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna. His main research fields are: music industry research, the economics of copyright, the research on cultural institutions and cultural policy evaluation.
- Author(s)Peter Tschmuck
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/03/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.