Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the nature of kwledge and moral commitment in a postmodern age of relativism? What drives the creativity and dedication of leaders of a profession? How do professional lives reflect moral identity and development? To answer these questions, the author of this volume examines seven psychologists' personal accounts of their moral and professional development. In doing so she develops and applies a conceptual framework that links kwledge interests and creativity in professional life to identify development and existential choices.
- Author BiographyLisa Tsoi Hoshmand, Ph.D. is Professor of Counseling and Psychology at Lesley University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. She is the author/editor of three books and over forty other publications. Her recent work includes an edited book, Creativity and moral vision in Psychology: Narratives of identity and commitment in a postmodern age (Sage, 1998), an article Narrative psychology in the Encyclopedia of psychology (American Psychological Association and Oxford University Press, 1999/2000), the book chapter Psychotherapy as an instrument of culture in Critical issues in psychotherapy (Sage, 2001), and an article Narratology, cultural psychology, and counseling research (Journal of Counseling Psychology, in press). She has published and presented on cultural psychology, qualitative research methodology, clinical teaching, reflective practice, and transformative education. A Fellow of the American Psychological Association and a licensed psychologist, she has served on the editorial board of a number of journals in counseling psychology, theoretical and philosophical psychology, and community psychology.
- Author(s)Lisa L. Tsoi Hoshmand
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/1998
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.