All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAre you striving to establish a more creative and imaginative classroom? Are you interested in: * the generosity of creativity; * creative conjecture; * being an advocate for creativity; * welcoming the unexpected, * the unpredictable and the unconventional; * taking risks; * learning which leads to new or original thinking which is of value? If so, this completely updated new edition of a classic text will show you how to achieve these ideals. The book is written in a clear and practical way by leading researchers and practitioners, offering help and advice on the planning and implementation of effective creative teaching and learning, and providing examples of best practice through a rigorous theoretical rationale. A hallmark of the book is its exploration of creativity through curriculum subjects. It builds on this in its first and last chapters by addressing key cross-curricular themes that thread their way throughout the book. Throughout there is an emphasis on critical and reflective practice. New to this edition are: * three entirely new chapters on drama, music and geography; * an update of the introduction to account for advances in creativity research, policy and practice; * a new final chapter identifying cross-curricular themes; * greater attention to international dimensions and examples. In this second edition the authors are drawn from six universities which between them produce some of the best education research internationally, and some of the best teacher education. The authors also come from leading national and international organisations such as the National Gallery in London and the Geographical Association. Creaivity for the Primary Curriculum is a core text for both training and practicing Primary teachers who wish to maintain high standards when approaching their teaching.
- Author BiographyRussell Jones is Senior Lecturer in Childhood Studies, Manchester Metropolitan University. Dominic Wyse is Professor of Early Childhood and Primary Education, Institute for Education, University of London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDominic Wyse,Russell Jones
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.