Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe Creature from Reelfoot Lake: The Merman Who Loved Women is a literary horror vel that it is reminiscent of the classic cinemas of the 1950s. But with one major difference: The Reelfoot creature is half-human, a merman who has been on an obsessive search for his birth mother that has lasted more than 200 years. At the heart of the story are three former college roommates, two male, one female, who all have childhood and relationship issues that dominate their lives. The roommates converge at Reelfoot Lake, Tennessee, where the creature is inflicting a reign of terror that makes it difficult for two of the ex-roommates to locate a treasure that has been buried since the New Madrid earthquake of 1811. The protagonist is female, and the plot is complicated by the fact that she is being stalked by the third roommate, her ex-husband, at the same time that she is stalked by the creature. It is a sophisticated, multi-layered psychological thriller in which all the main characters are forced to deal with their individual issues. The creature cant speak, but he has a distinctive voice that will touch the hearts of readers as he searches for the meaning of his tormented life.
- Author BiographyJames L. Dickerson is an author, independent scholar, and journalist, having worked on the staffs of three Pulitzer Prize-winning newspapers--the Delta Democrat-Times; the Clarion-Ledger/Jackson Daily News; and The Commercial Appeal in Memphis. Dickerson is the award-winning author of numerous nonfiction books, including Devil's Sanctuary and Mojo Triangle: Birthplace of Country, Blues, Jazz and Rock 'n' Roll. In addition, he is the author of the novels, Last Dance at the Sudden Death Cafe and Love on the Rocks: Romance to the Rescue, Legend of the Soul Eater, and Two Women, One Man: A Memphis Love Story.
- Author(s)James L Dickerson
- PublisherSartoris Literary Group
- Date of Publication29/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSartoris Literary Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.