Creatures of Prometheus: Gender and the Politics of Technology by Timothy V. Kaufman-Osborn (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $62.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 17 Oct
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo human beings become creatures of the techlogy they create? Is gender an artifact of the work performed by such manufactured things? Drawing on a broad variety of literary and philosophical sources, including Homer's Iliad, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, accounts of the 1986 nuclear disaster at Cherbyl, and recent scholarship in feminist, postmodern, and political theory, this impressive book offers strikingly original ways for readers to think about techlogy, gender identity, culture, the environment, politics, and the ways women and men struggle to make sense of the gifts of Prometheus. This book will be of interest to students and scholars of political theory, environmental thought, and gender, cultural, and literary studies.
- Author BiographyTimothy V. Kaufman-Osborn is Baker Ferguson Professor of Politics and Leadership at Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington.
- Author(s)Timothy V. Kaufman-Osborn
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/01/1997
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width113 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.