All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe book Art Forms in Nature is a collection of prints, made by the scientist Ernst Haeckel, of an ermous variety of flora and fauna from the sea-including microscopic Radiolaria, starfish and jelly fish-and since Prestel published it in 1998, it has been a favourite with artists, designers, illustrators and anyone who enjoys the wondrous forms of the natural world. Now paper engineer Maike Biederstaedt has transformed Haeckel's transcendent work into a three-dimensional book that allows readers to appreciate Haeckel's vivid colours, exceptional precision and fascination with patterns and geometry. This stunning book features seven pop-ups that allow readers to see nature's brilliance the way that Haeckel did-as marvellous, mathematically based creations that support his theory of the unity of all living things. Certain to appeal to his huge variety of fans, this pop-up version of a timeless classic will be treasured for years to come.
- Author BiographyMaike Biederstadt is a pop-up designer, illustrator and paper engineer, who lives in Berlin.
- Author(s)Ernst Haeckel
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note7 colour pop-ups
- Weight612 g
- Width210 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.