All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreeping bentgrass is considered the premier turfgrass species grown on golf courses, and there is a growing demand for an understanding of its maintenance and management practices. Still the only comprehensive reference on the subject, Creeping Bentgrass Management, Second Edition helps you identify the factors that contribute to summer bentgrass decline and guides you in selecting the best approaches for stress and pest management. This full-color book delves into all aspects of modern approaches to creeping bentgrass management on golf courses. It describes the nature of mechanical, physiological, and environmental stresses and how they influence growth and management of creeping bentgrass. The book covers the selection of creeping bentgrass cultivars; cultural practices, including mowing, irrigation, and topdressing; the deleterious effects of organic and irganic layers in golf greens; and ways to limit injury due to mechanical or physical stresses. It also discusses recent advances in the management of selected diseases and soil-related maladies of creeping bentgrass-from Pythium-incited root dysfunction to dollar spot, yellow tuft, and blue-green algae. The focus is on common disease symptoms, predisposing conditions, hosts, and cultural and chemical management strategies. Advances in biological disease control are also reviewed. The book offers practical guidance in selecting and using fungicides, herbicides, and plant growth regulators. It also discusses the use of n-selective herbicides and fumigants for the revation of creeping bentgrass and outlines strategies for dealing with selected invertebrate pests. Throughout, color photographs help you identify diseases and stresses that may be affecting your own golf course. Fully revised and updated, this second edition of a bestseller features three new chapters, new photographs, and expanded information about diseases. Drawing on the author's more than thirty years of experience and research, it brings together a wealth of information on how to optimize creeping bentgrass health and performance. What's New in This Edition * Three new chapters, covering the nature of fungicides, abiotic maladies, and selected invertebrate pests * An expanded section on disease-double the length of the first edition * Updated chapters that reflect the latest developments in creeping bentgrass management * More extensive discussion of annual bluegrass problems and their management * More than 100 new photos Tips from Dr. Dereden Watch these videos to get Dr. Dereden's tips on how to control dollar spot disease and crabgrass and how to identify fairy ring.
- Author BiographyPeter H. Dernoeden is a Professor of Turfgrass Science in the Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture at the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Peter H. Dernoeden
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/07/2012
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note201 colour illustrations, 44 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.