All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn Cricket, A Very Peculiar History Jim Pipe uniquely explores one of this nation's greatest and the second biggest spectator sport on the planet. From the hazy bat-and-ball origins of the game to the biggest celebrity players of today, this book is a fascinating insight into the popular sport. Filled to the brim with quirky quotes, fantastic facts and surprising statistics, this is the perfect gift book for any fan of the game. Bizarre cricket lingo, politics and rivalries and even how to make the perfect cricket tea are all included in Cricket, A Very Peculiar History. Fact boxes, a full glossary and index make the book both fun and informative to use. The text is enlivened with black-and-white line drawings and full-colour endpapers.
- Author BiographyJim Pipe studied Ancient and Modern History at Oxford University and spent 10 years in publishing before becoming a full-time writer. He has written numerous non-fiction books for children, many on historical subjects. He lives in Dublin with his wife.
- Author(s)Jim Pipe
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleVery Peculiar History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.