All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionHeroes tells the story of Peter Bayle - heavy drinker, philosopher, scholar, and anemic lover - as he visits a town in Kansas to write a story for Toronto Living magazine about the newfound love of middle-America for the quintessential Canadian game of hockey. During his research Bayle encounters a host of odd characters: a morphine-injecting reverend, a shunned reporter and his former crack-addict girlfriend, and a drug salesman with his sights set on a career as a cable mogul. The article never gets written, and as Bayle becomes more and more involved in the destructive behaviour of the friends and enemies he has made, his problems back home continue to build. His assignment long-since abandoned, Bayle returns to Toronto to face a future he does t want. It is a future obscured by a past he can't let go of, but which he also can't come to terms with.
- Author BiographyDavid Skene-Melvin has edited Crime in a Cold Climate (1994); Investigating Women: Female Detectives by Canadian Writers (1995); Bloody York: Tales of Mayhem, Murder, and Mystery in Toronto Past, Present, and Future (1996); and Secret Tales of the Arctic Trails: Stories of Crime and Adventure in Canada's Far North (1997) He is also the compiler, assisted by Norbert Spehner, of Canadian Crime Fiction 1817&SHY;1996: An Annotated Comprehensive Bibliography and Biographical Dictionary of Canadian Crime Writers (1996), covering both English- and French- Canadian crime fiction, as well as co-compiler, with his wife Ann, of Crime, Detective, Espionage, Mystery, and Thriller Fiction & Film: A Comprehensive Bibliography of Critical Writing Through 1979 (1980). In addition, he has written numerous articles on and reviews of Canadian crime writing.
- Author(s)David Skene-Melvin
- PublisherThe Dundurn Group
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimon & Pierre Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.