All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionMidnight, New York Harbor, 1949. Cantor Gold, dapper dyke-about-town, smuggler of fine art, waits in her boat under the Brooklyn Bridge for racketeer Gregory Ortine. In the shadow of the bridge, he ll toss Cantor a satchel of cash, and she ll toss him a pouch containing a priceless jewel. But the plan, and the jewel, sink when a woman in a red sequined dress drops from the bridge and slams onto Cantor s boat. She is Opal Shaw, Society Page darling and fiancee of murder-for-hire kingpin Sig Loreale. Through a night of danger, desire, and double-cross, Cantor must satisfy Loreale s vengeance, stay ahead of an angry Ortine, and untangle the kts of murder tightening around Opal s best friend and keeper of her dirty secrets, Celeste Copley, a seductress who excites Cantor s passion but snares her in a labyrinth of lies. The lies explode in a collision of love, loyalty, lustand death.
- Author BiographyNative New Yorker Ann Aptaker has earned a reputation as a respected if cheeky exhibition designer and curator of art during her career in museums and galleries. Taking the approach that what art authorities find uncomfortable the public would likely enjoy, exhibitions Ann has curated have garnered favorable reviews in the New York Times, Art in America, American Art Review, and other publications. She brings the same attitude and philosophy to her first love: writing, especially a tangy variety of historical crime fiction. Ann s short stories have appeared in two editions (2003 and 2004) of the noir crime anthology Fedora. Her flash fiction story, A Night In Town, appeared in the online zine Punk Soul Poet. In addition to curating and designing art exhibitions and writing crime stories, Ann is also an art writer and an adjunct professor of art history at the New York Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Ann Aptaker
- PublisherBold Strokes Books
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationJohnsonville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBold Strokes Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.