All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionFor courses in Criminal Investigation This text is part of the Justice Series Brief. Affordable. Visual. Criminal Investigation, 2/e, provides an affordable, thought-provoking look at criminal investigations that uses clear writing and eye-catching visuals to get your students straight to the important concepts. By focusing on these core concepts, students will gain true understanding of the material, without becoming overwhelmed with unnecessary information. Lyman presents information that parallels the steps and considerations observed in an actual criminal investigation, blending scientific theories of crime detection with a practical approach to criminal investigation. The book's conversation-starting pedagogy encourages active participation in learning, moving students beyond memorization by engaging them in the latest research findings and current events shaping the field. Also available with MyCJLab(R) This title is also available with MyCJLab- an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. This powerful homework and test manager lets you create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded. You can choose from a wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum number of attempts allowed. The bottom line: MyCJLab means less time grading and more time teaching. NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyCJLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyCJLab, search for: 013418226X.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Lyman is a Professor of Criminal Justice at Columbia College, located in Columbia, Missouri. In addition to being a teaching faculty member, he serves as the program coordinator for the Master of Science of Criminal Justice Program and the founder of the college's Forensic Science Program. Before entering the field of college teaching, he was employed as a certified police trainer and also served as a sworn criminal investigator for state police organizations in Kansas and Oklahoma. He has taught literally thousands of law enforcement officers in the proper police techniques and methods of professional criminal investigation. Dr. Lyman has authored numerous textbooks in criminal justice dealing with the areas of criminal investigation, policing, organized crime, drug enforcement, and drug trafficking. He received both his bachelor's and master's degrees from Wichita State University and his Ph.D. from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He has been called upon on an estimated 275 occasions by the law enforcement and legal communities to review criminal investigations and render the results of his evaluations and his opinions in federal court proceedings nationwide.
- Author(s)Michael D. Lyman
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.