Criminal Justice: Readings: 3 by Joseph G. Weis, George S. Bridges, Robert D. Crutchfield (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a solid representation of crimilogical articles that are important to the discipline. The important material from each article has been retained, yet an undergraduate won't be overwhelmed. The articles are germane and flow together; a certain consistency in thought is presented to the student, as opposed to interesting but often semi-related articles. This book is accessible and, in several areas, very enjoyable reading. -- A. L. Marsteller, Drury College Also by the Editors: Crime (Vol. 1) and Juvenile Delinquency (Vol. 2) Why are these edited collections THE anthologies to use for teaching Criminal Justice, Crimilogy, or Juvenile Delinquency? * All volumes present the field accurately and completely to students and in a way that is understandable to undergraduates and, therefore, teachable. * All include rich collections of classic and contemporary articles, all of which have been carefully edited so that students can master the material. * All volumes contain essays written by the Editors, which provide the coherence and structure to the collections that undergraduate students need. Questions for Discussion and Writing and well-prepared indexes help to make these anthologies even more teachable. * All are edited by scholars who have the credentials and the undergraduate teaching experience to make this three volume set a particularly rich resource.
- Author BiographyGeorge S. Bridges is the President of Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington. He has served as a staff member of the policy office of the Attorney General of the United States as well as deputy editor of Criminology. He has been a member of the Washington State Minority and Justice Commission. He has published many papers on racial biases in American law and is co-editor, with Martha Myers, of Crime, Inequality, and Social Control. Joseph G. Weis is Professor of Sociology at the University of Washington. He served for a number of years as the Director of the National Center for the Assessment of Delinquent Behavior and Its Prevention, funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as a member of the Washington State Governor's Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee. He is a past editor of the journal Criminology and a co-author, with Michael J. Hindelang and Travis Hirschi, of Measuring Delinquency.
- Author(s)George S. Bridges,Joseph G. Weis,Robert D. Crutchfield
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1996
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.