All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCriminal Law: The Basics is an insightful introduction to the legal aspects of criminal acts, ranging from battery to burglary and harassment to homicide. Starting with an in-depth exploration of the very concept of crime, this book considers such questions as: * how should we decide what is criminal and what isn't? * what is the difference between murder and manslaughter? * could you ever be guilty of stealing your own property? * what defences are available to those accused of crime? The book features numerous case studies from the infamous to the bizarre and key questions for consideration throughout. Each chapter ends with lists of relevant cases, statutes and suggestions for further reading, making this an ideal starting point for anyone interested in criminal law.
- Author BiographyJonathan Herring is Fellow in Law at Exeter College, University of Oxford. He is the author of several leading textbooks on criminal law, medical law and family law.
- Author(s)Jonathan Herring
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.