Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with examples from real-world situations faced by today's law enforcement professionals, CRIMINAL PROCEDURE: LAW AND PRACTICE, International Edition gives you a practical and authoritative look at the most current guidelines in criminal procedure. Comprehensive and accurate without bogging you down in unnecessary details, the text includes cutting-edge coverage of the law on arrests, searches and seizures, vehicle stops, use of force, interrogations, and line-ups. It also discusses current topics on racial profiling, DNA evidence, plea bargaining, seizures of text/email messages, techlogy, the USA Patriot Act, and much more. Long kwn for its relevance to law enforcement, it features interesting case briefs, sample police forms, hypothetical cases, and coverage of the most recent Supreme Court rulings.
- Author BiographyRolando V. del Carmen is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Criminal Justice in the College of Criminal Justice at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas. He was assistant dean and associate professor of a school of law in the Philippines and has held various administrative and academic positions in the United States. In addition, he has taught at various universities and has written extensively, including numerous articles on legal issues and more than ten books. A consultant to criminal justice agencies in a number of states, Dr. Del Carmen served a six-year term to the Texas Commission on Jail Standards. He earned the Fellow Award (1990), Bruce Smith Award (1996), and Founders Award (2005) from the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. He holds a B.A. and a bachelor of laws degree from the Philippines, a master of comparative law from Southern Methodist University, a master of laws from the University of California at Berkeley, and a doctor of science of law from the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)Rolando V. Del Carmen
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1040 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.